The Southeast Branch Library is located across from Swope Park and the Kansas City Zoo. It has particularly strong collections in African-American literature, urban fiction, urban Christian fiction, children's folklore, and animals, as well as jazz, blues, and gospel music on compact disc.
Featured Activity at This Branch
At this branch
- Computers: 18 for adults (2 for business use), 4 for kids, 10 for teens, 1 "express" (15-minute limit).
- Wireless: All branches have free wireless Internet access.
- Study Rooms:
2 rooms — accommodate 1 – 2 people
(2 hour limit; available on a first-come, first-served basis)
- Meeting Rooms: 2 rooms
Nervous about your Naturalization Interview?
Get FREE help on Wednesdays from 4:30-6:30 p.m. at Southeast.
Drop-in, no appointment necessary.
Volunteers now available to help you practice:
• Speaking English (eligibility interview based on N-400 form)
• Reading English (correctly read one out of three Naturalization Test sentences)
• Writing English (correctly write one out of three Naturalization Test sentences)
• 100 Civics Questions (correctly answer six out of ten randomly chosen USCIS questions)
• And so much more!
The Diabetes Self-Management Program (DSMP) is a community-based program which empowers participants to maintain quality of life when living with type 2 diabetes. The DSMP is provided in two-and-a-half-hour-long sessions, once a week for six weeks. Workshops are facilitated by trained leaders, who live with or help someone manage diabetes.
This 6-week series will meet from 10:30am-12:45pm on the following Wednesdays:
Subjects covered include:
- techniques to deal with the symptoms of diabetes, fatigue, pain, hyper/hypoglycemia, stress, and emotional problems such as depression, anger, fear and frustration;
- appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength and endurance;
- healthy eating
- appropriate use of medication; and
- working more effectively with health care providers.
Classes are highly participative, where mutual support and success build the participants’ confidence in their ability to manage their health and maintain active and fulfilling lives.
Special thanks to NourishKC for providing health snacks for these workshops.
RSVP to Linda Warrior at 816-701-3484 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.