The North-East Branch is located in the historic Northeast area - about 15 minutes from downtown Kansas City. In addition to items in English the North-East Library features a wide variety of materials in Spanish: books, magazines, fotonovelas, CDs, and DVDs. There is also a variety of books, newspapers in other languages to support the community.
North-East serves as a community center for the area as well as a meeting place for various community organizations and neighborhood associations.
Fridays 11 am - 12 pm
- Computers: 16 for adults, 4 for kids, 3 "express" (15-minute limit)
- Free Wi-Fi access at all branches
Limited postal services are available:
- Purchase Forever Stamps
- Obtain Priority Mail Flat Rate envelopes and boxes
- Mail pre-stamped envelopes or packages
- Enjoy extended P.O. Box hours
The North-East Branch opened in 1914 in Northeast High School with 6,000 books. In 1986 the Northeast, East, and Blue Valley branches were combined into the North-East branch. The library building at 6000 Wilson Road opened in 1989 and now contains approximately 65,000 items.